“Decide to be who you were created to be and you will set the world on fire.” My hope would be that every girl reading this blog today would embrace this truth! You have far more potential than you may realize. Sadly, most teenage girls are derailing their potential rather than developing it. Will you be different? Will you make a decision to keep an open mind, an open heart and allow God to speak to you today? If you will do this, you will discover that God has equipped you with potential for His plans and purposes for your life.
Value is the importance we place on someone or something. Consciously or subconsciously you have placed a value on yourself. This is either empowering you or derailing your potential.
Everyone, yes even you, is created by God to be unique and fulfill a specific destiny. You have been equipped, with amazing potential. Unfortunately, most young ladies never venture on the journey to develop their God-given potential and discover their destiny. Rather, they spend a majority of their time trying to be like everyone else and fit into a mold they were never designed for.
Let’s be honest…being a teenage girl in today’s society is like being in a war zone. There are missiles coming at you from every direction. You are bombarded by peer pressure. Consequently, you may find yourself thinking you are not pretty enough, smart enough or talented enough. The war rages on and on in your mind. Each missile tearing down at the fibers of your self-worth, consequently you begin to question your value.
Here are a few indicators that you may be undervaluing yourself.
- The opinions of your friends mean more to you than your own opinion.
- You would compromise your own personal values, just to be accepted into a particular group or activity.
- You spend endless hours on social media to see what other girls are doing, wearing, or who they are hanging out with.
- You find yourself wishing your life ‘looked’ like someone else’s.
Does any of this sound familiar? My question to you is, “Why are you doing this”? You have a choice. Stop comparing yourself to others, and start placing value on those things, which are important to you!
To fulfill your potential and influence the world, you must first see yourself as VALUABLE.
- Know and accept how awesome you are (faults and all…no one is perfect).
- Be determined to follow the path that brings you joy and fulfillment regardless of what others are doing. (You will find like-minded people along your journey).
- Anything of value is worth taking care of. Be sure to take care of yourself, emotionally, physically, and spiritually.
You are irreplaceable; there is no one like you. You have so much to offer. Unless you recognize your own value and develop your potential, the world is going to miss out the gift you are designed to be.
In a previous article, we talked about the dangers of seeking the approval of others. You can read this article here:
Be who YOU were created to be and you will accomplish more than you dreamed or imagined. Remember, you are loved and you are being prayed for.
You can ask for prayer by clicking the ‘prayer request’ tab at the top of this page or at this link:
I would love to hear from you, leave a comment below. Your thoughts will help someone else who is also fighting this battle.
Pastor Lucy Ann